DPS World Forum Index
Main FAQ Search Groups Members List Profile Private Messages
Log-in Register

DPS World Forum Index

Missing my DEEPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
db9091

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Missing my DEEPS Reply with quote

I lent mine to someone who was going to record an album. Months later I was asked for a trade for an SG (I wasn't using it, I was trying to do Reaper on PC) and foolishly said "ok" and got a crappy $500 guitar and that's being generous. It was the wrong hand for me, but I figured I'd gift it to my brother (who broke the neck and figured it was shot so tossed it instead of getting it fixed) I guess I let it go because I went to Windows 7, created the FAT transfer space and got the Akaisys thing working for a little while, then it wouldn't work, and it was just so frustrating not having tracking or the ability to transfer, so I guess I gave up on it and recorded straight to PC finding Reaper (great DAW even then)

But it was VERY frustrating to record on PC. Lotta blue screens of death due to compatibility issue with Reaper, Universal Audio UAD-1 and certain cheap interfaces.

So I didn't do much music, more learning more guitar and "how to mix", etc. I had a MacBook Pro (2009) and did some mixing on that, and it was stable. I tried Logic Pro X (ok, but never really took to it) and Pro Tools 9, then 10 (again, kinda old-fashioned and yucky) and then even Studio One 3 (which is a very good DAW, but I took time off and forgot everything)

So I went back to Reaper and it is just intuitive for me. But I TOTALLY missed my DEEPS.

But, alas, I'm entirely Mac and unless I want to copy discs (my laptops don't have disc drives, but the iMac does. Sloooow) I put it off.

I've finally found a way to work that isn' entirely frustrating. It's essentially Slate VMS -> UA Apollo Twin -> iMac -> Reaper. And it works fine.

But it's not as fun as the DEEPS. I got a 2015 MBP and now can equal the iMac in power.

IF the DEEPS could have worked easily on Window 7 or a Mac I'd STILL be using it. Or it could use an SSD drive instead of a hard drive and I could hot swap it.

I miss and still love that box! Nothing like it.
bvdon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that is like new... maybe a few hours use. I might be interested in selling. It has been in the original box since my last move a few years back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPS World Forum Index -> DPS 24 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: