DPS World Forum Index
Main FAQ Search Groups Members List Profile Private Messages
Log-in Register

DPS World Forum Index

lost sound left channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
surface2err

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: lost sound left channel Reply with quote

I have no sound coming from left channel. If I pan any instrument to that side it is lost. There is nothing registering on meter. I have not searched previous post yet but I will. Just wondering if anyone has any quick suggestions. Thanks
cmaffia

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: lost sound left channel Reply with quote

surface2err wrote:
I have no sound coming from left channel. If I pan any instrument to that side it is lost. There is nothing registering on meter. I have not searched previous post yet but I will. Just wondering if anyone has any quick suggestions. Thanks

Are you not hearing left channel on your monitors? Headphones? Both?
If just your monitors, check your connections.
surface2err

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both! There is nothing registering on left channel. I think it has to b something internal.
R2

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming everything that's supposed to be on is on, I would try copying the project and make a new project. Sometimes a project can get corrupted somehow. Making a new project has worked for me on weird issues before. Worth a shot.
cmaffia

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2 wrote:
Assuming everything that's supposed to be on is on, I would try copying the project and make a new project. Sometimes a project can get corrupted somehow. Making a new project has worked for me on weird issues before. Worth a shot.

Good point. Have you tried other projects? If it happens with all projects then you are probably looking at a hardware failure.
surface2err

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I did shut down and powered back up the first time and the left channel was back. The most recent time I made the mistake of having the volume of a guitar up to loud, hit a chord and the left channel disappeared. That time I did just load another project and that seemed to fix it. I would be interested to know if anyone has an ideal as to why that would happen. It only affected the one channel. Thanks
R2

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had the guitar panned to the left channel, that would explain that. So, you're saying that the channel went out after overloading it?
surface2err

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is what happen this last time. I figured the left channel might have had been blown because of overloading. I could understand why it would be but I was kind of surprised that it would come back which I do not understand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPS World Forum Index -> DPS 24 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: