Main FAQ Search Groups Members List Profile Private Messages
Log-in Register

DPS World Forum Index

Well, It Is With Great Sadness...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wretchasketch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smoke! Talk about the end of an era! I'm just here to search topics and remember how to crack my DPS open. Had a lightning strike a while back and it put a damper on my recording. Like, if John H is hanging it up, I'm just going to move my recording over to the ipad drunk
thatbastarddon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Wretch... That's pretty much what I have done(external interface-fed by live board- to iPad). I still have my DPS24, but rarely use it.

@John H... Man, I never expected to come here to find that you have let the DPS24 go.
I do understand though...life marches on, and such.

I just stopped by to lurk, and see how things were going here...mind officially blown.
I have collected some fond memories of the last 12 years with my Deeps. It still works, as far as I know... I fired her up to rescue a very old archive for a local band over the winter, and another solo artist at the end of the winter.

These days, all that I require is a couple of tracks at a time usually...12-13 at a time on special occasions... I have an interface, and an iPad that can get that done on most days.

...but the Deeps still warms my heart.
wretchasketch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a cheap focusrite 2i2 interface just because it is the most cross platform recording solution I could find...IOS, OS, Windows, and Linux. I never record more than two tracks at a time. Miss the DPS, though. Undeniably great machine that I would still be using if I could.
Havlicek
Dps24 Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no big thing guys. The machine is as wonderful as it always was, and it was just time to scale down and let someone else have fun with it. I was happy to have ended with a complete song, and I was even pretty happy with the song to boot. I shoulda called it "Swansong" :) but it didn't fit the words.

https://soundcloud.com/havlicek/whats-your-name

-john

johnhavlicek.com
wretchasketch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was supa-fine!
sloppysmusic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: re 64 bit non-pc connection Reply with quote

For what its worth, my main Deeps PC is a 64 bit PC. Dual boot 64 bit W7 for 'normal' work and video editing, with a dual boot Win10 32 bit partition for Deeps and audio work. USB and Akai.sys work flawlessly every time, most reliable setup Ive had yet.
Saying that, Im convinced my Deeps is getting old and or sick. Or that half my mics dont work reliably anymore. Im getting variable signal recordings every session on mostly kick, mic and snare tracks. Levels setup fine, no clipping then after recording whole track find 75% of the work is unusable. Kick changing from solid thump to wet fart/click eg. Guess I have to test all the mics on all the channels again but its soul destroying when early days all had bullet proof recording. Set levels/press record/play well/mix down.
JimmyLovesPage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love working with mine, and am doing my 3rd album on it. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPS World Forum Index -> DPS 24 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: