Main FAQ Search Groups Members List Profile Private Messages
Log-in Register

DPS World Forum Index

AD/DA ICP (Fuse) Replacement
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popmann

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to 5 different electronics component places in town, including a pro audio repair place. No one has it in stock. Either the part number mentioned or any comparable ICP.

So, my choices seem to be...find it online-order a bunch and do the replacement myself....or let the pro audio place do the prescribed circuit board mod--waiting for them to get the part. No point in paying capable people to pull it apart and not have them do the mod, IMO. Doing it myself--I trust myself about enough to solder the part on...that's about it.

Either way, I think I'm going to have to reschedule my plans for the weekend...maybe switch up into writing mode and just cut quickie stuff to Cubase.

Anyone find them online?
Havlicek
Dps24 Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie...I did a google for ICP-N15 and got this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~epcs/fuse.htm

I didn't look very far or hard, maybe there's places nearby to Teleland.

-john

johnhavlicek.com
Popmann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super huge thanks to Wretchasketch...who hooked me up today with a few ICPs. So, Monday night, I'll be going in to get it back up.
shockwave199
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Pop!

Dan
Popmann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fixed.

I ended up routing it to the expansion bays just in case.

Uber thanks to Steve for the step by step and photos. I'm sure just the knowing which screws to take out saved me hours of frustration!
wretchasketch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popmann wrote:
All fixed.

I ended up routing it to the expansion bays just in case.

Uber thanks to Steve for the step by step and photos. I'm sure just the knowing which screws to take out saved me hours of frustration!

Yippie!
jim914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: 2 fuses in 2 hours! Reply with quote

I just did the fuse replacement on one of my DPS24s and it took out the new fuse a couple of hours later. I did the fuse replacement just as the instructions say and had no problem. The unit worked great after that and seamed fine. I then loaded a project that I had forgotten about and started it playing to see what it was. When the audio started it was very loud and the fuse went in a couple of seconds. Could the volume of the project be related to blowing the fuse?? Should I put in the 2nd fuse I ordered as a backup and just avoid loading that project again?? I am thinking that if I do change the fuse again I will at the very least wire it out the back panel as has been suggested here but I am still wondering about the volume level of that project.
squeegybug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for sure about the volume affecting it. But perhaps with enough overload/clipping there could be a danger of damaging components. That ICP is of course in the digital-to-analog conversion circuit, so might just be doing the job it is intended to do, by cutting out and saving other electronics.

Are your other projects still working okay? Maybe try something like this --

First, load a known good project and play some at a low volume to make sure you are getting output sound.

Then load the questionable project, turn off all tracks, deassign all the tracks from the L/R bus, and pull down all faders including the master.

Now turn your monitor control all the way down. Play the song, with nothing turned on, and watch the LED meters (on the outside of the screen). Shouldn't be any activity. Slowly turn up the monitor control, you shouldn't hear any sound.

Now set the channel meters to 'Pre Fader'. Play the song and go to each track looking for overs on the individual meters. If any are clipping (black rectangle showing above the meters), then use the attenuator (Q3) to trim them down.

After all have passed this inspection, then turn them all back on and reassign them to the L/R bus. Set the meters to 'Post Fader'. Play the song while bringing up each fader a bit and watching that the channel meters don't clip.

Next, with all tracks on and their channel faders up a reasonable amount, play the song while slowly bringing up the master fader. You should be able to get to 0 dB without any overs on the LED meters.

Don't know if that will help, but maybe worth a try to see if you can track down the problem.

Steve
rapidsdrummer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: fuse Reply with quote

i had a problem myself trying to find a parts store that has this part. i ended up going through VST, who is an akkai service center. give them a call, and they'll ship as many fuses to you as you wanna buy. they are a little more expensive than everyone else is getting them for on here at a little more than 7 bucks, plus shipping, but if your like me that really didn't matter - was just happy to get the part!

http://www.vstservice.com/

btw.....thanks for the informative post steve!

travis, aka rapidsdrummer
Havlicek
Dps24 Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course VST is always a good place to go, but did you try the link in my earlier post? Surely there are others as well, but even if online retailers don't pan out, a local shop that repairs electronic items would be my next choice since they have to source items like this to do business.

-john

johnhavlicek.com
scooter d

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!!!
I didn't have a multi-meter handy, but I did have a telecom toner/continuity checker available that gives a simple light with continuity (shorted connection) . Of course with my luck, there is continuity (short) when touching the leads to the ICP legs!!
So I suppose it's possible the AD/DA board is probably toast...(?)
Sorta stinks, because the diagnostic is exactly what I'm seeing (levels with no sound).
One weird thing... when it went out on me, there was (for lack of a better explanation) a crazy, almost distressed, squeaky noise coming from the speakers when I turned the volume up. Sorta like the sound in your head when you eat that squeaky puffcorn stuff. Lol!!
Shocked
Does this sound like anything you've heard of?
[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPS World Forum Index -> DPS 24 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: