DPS World Forum Index
Main FAQ Search Groups Members List Profile Private Messages
Log-in Register

DPS World Forum Index

Monitor for DPS24 mkII

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Monitor for DPS24 mkII Reply with quote

Larger monitor for DPS 24?? Can it work with a extension monitor via an adapter?
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't work in the way that I am sure you would like it to work... i.e. A large version of everything that you can see on the small screen. What you CAN do is use the piece of software called Aksys, and this will give you some functionality. e.g you can see the transport, and start and stop the machine and select tracks for recording and editing, on your PC, but not a lot more.

It connects between your DPS24 and your computer using a USB cable.

The other thing to say is that this software will not work on anything later than Windows XP as it's 32-bit.

If you do a Search on here, you will find some more info.
MSL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: DPS24 monitor Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. That is what I figured...use the USB with a Laptop and Aksys. My version of Asks won't even work with my Mac laptop... I gave up on that when Akai stopped updating / support. I had a large monitor I was hoping to use just to help with editing... Thanks for the reply! Love the Akai DPS24mkII. The machine was way ahead of it's time when released... mine still works after I switched out the hard drive (had corruption issues), so I still use it - but bummed that Akai dropped the ball on that workstation .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPS World Forum Index -> DPS 24 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: